I can’t even believe that November is over. It’s actually December, and there are only 25 goddamn days until Christmas??????? How did this happen? I swear it was my birthday (in July) just the other day?!
Rather than posting the usually wrap up about what books I read this month, I thought I’d make it a little more personal. I’ll still talk about the books that I read, but I’m going to try and go over my whole month as well. So like, what I did, where I went, what I bought, what I listened to… That kind of fun stuff. So….
Let us begin 🙂
November was a pretty good month for me. I finished my last assignments for uni within the very first week and moved back home from college (technically this was in the last week of October but whatever). The week was spent unpacking all of my stuff and trying to find space for it, even if it was only temporary, in my room. This also included my bookshelves, which were now overflowing. My dad being the handyman he is got some extra shelves made for me, giving me about a shelf and a half of free space for the books I am no doubt going to buy/receive for Christmas….
I started back at work again the next week, which was good because I had spent a lot of money on books in only a few days and I needed money… But speaking of books, I had two book events in November, the first being Between The Covers Young Adult (BTCYA) hosted by the lovely people at Harper Collins Teen Australia. I attended the Melbourne event, which had guest speaker/author Alison Goodman! Alison was so lovely and fun, and so were the hosts, Amanda and Tim. Alison also stayed behind after the event finished and signed everyone’s ARC copies of her new book, and she was so lovely to talk to!
The next book event I had was a Sarah J. Maas signing in Melbourne. I made the two hour trip to Melbourne and waited around the city until 6pm when the event was starting. I unfortunately (how I did this I honestly don’t know I am so stupid) went to the wrong place and wasn’t able to make the event in time, so it was quite a pointless trip hahaha *cries*. (It would’ve been worse if I had actually read her books so I’m kinda glad that I haven’t read them yet or I would’ve been a lot sadder)
Apart from that, I worked a lot and it was all early morning shifts and I am still recovering from them now…
Favourite Songs of the Month:
November was the month of fabulous album releases. So basically I’ve been listening to Justin Bieber, One Direction and Ellie Goulding’s new albums non-stop on Spotify during the month because they are great (obviously).
Some of my favourites are:
- Scream It Out – Ellie Goulding
- Holding On For Life – Ellie Goulding
- Love Yourself – Justin Bieber
- Sorry – Justin Bieber
- The Feeling – Justin Bieber & Halsey
- A.M – One Direction
- If I Could Fly – One Direction
I read six books in November and I am super happy with that seeing as I only had five on my TBR. And I was almost going to say seven because I finished Through the Ever Night (sequel to Under the Never Sky) at 1am last night so it was literally only one hour into December but I didn’t want to cheat so….
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – 5/5 stars
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson – 4/5 stars
- Anna and the French Kiss – 5/5 stars
- Lola and the Boy Next Door – 4/5 stars (idk why it’s underlined it won’t go away…)
- Isla and the Happily Ever After – 4/5 stars
- Under the Never Sky – 4/5 stars
Okay, so I bought a few books (twelve to be exact) but wait I didn’t actually buy them all okay I got two for free!!! And another was a preorder and another was signed and another was really cheap so I couldn’t really say no????
Here’s the list of all of them and I promised myself I wouldn’t buy any more until the New Year but that doesn’t mean I won’t be getting more books because it’s almost Christmas and I’m definitely getting books 🙂
- Illuminae – Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff (signed)
- November 9 – Colleen Hoover
- The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly – Stephanie Oakes
- Demon Road – Derek Landy (freebie from BTCYA)
- Lady Helen and the Dark Days Club – Alison Goodman (ARC + freebie from BTCYA + signed)
- Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children Trilogy – Random Riggs (Box Set)
- Finding Audrey – Sophie Kinsella
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here – Patrick Ness
- What We Left Behind – Robin Talley
- Their Fractured Light – Amie Kaufman & Meghan Spooner
That is it for my November wrap up! I hope you had a wonderful November and an even better December!!!!