Here it is. The end of the year, and what a year it was. It was a year full of many emotions, and many horrible events, but also some pretty great ones as well. I reached my goal of reading 50 books for the year, which I thought I was going to fail many times. I met some great people, both online and in real life, and I know that some of them will be in my life for quite some time. I also finished writing my first ever story and began editing it. And I also finished my first year of university, which we can pretend was with flying colours…..
So here’s a wrap-up of books I read, bought, loved, hated, and all that fun stuff!
51 out of 50. I am really happy with the number of books I read this year! I honestly didn’t think I was going to make it to fifty because uni was so stressful and crazy busy I struggled to find the time to read. This is what I read in 2015, in order of when I read them, as well as my rating:
- Let It Snow – John Green, Maureen Johnson & Lauren Myracle: 4/5
- Bloodlines – Richelle Mead: 4/5
- The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2) – Richelle Mead: 4/5
- The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3) – Richelle Mead: 5/5
- Poison Study – Maria V. Snyder: 5/5
- The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4) – Richelle Mead: 5/5
- Silver Shadows (Bloodlines #5) – Richelle Mead: 5/5
- Magic Study (Study #2) – Maria V. Snyder: 5/5
- The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines #6) – Richelle Mead: 5/5
- The Selection – Kiera Cass: 5/5
- The Elite (The Selection #2) – Kiera Cass: 5/5
- The One (The Selection #3) – Kiera Cass: 5/5
- The Truth About Forever – Sarah Dessen: 4/5
- Fire Study (Study #3) – Maria V. Snyder: 5/5
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer – Michelle Hodkin: 5/5
- The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2) – Michelle Hodkin: 5/5
- The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #3) – Michelle Hodkin: 5/5
- Hopeless – Colleen Hoover: 5/5
- Losing Hope (Hopeless #2) – Colleen Hoover: 5/5
- Obsidian (Lux #1) – Jennifer L. Armentrout: 5/5
- Onyx (Lux #2) – Jennifer L. Armentrout: 5/5
- Opal (Lux #3) – Jennifer L. Armentrout: 5/5
- Origin (Lux #4) – Jennifer L. Armentrout: 5/5
- Opposition (Lux #5) – Jennifer L. Armentrout: 5/5
- Ugly Love – Colleen Hoover: 5/5
- Sweet Thing – Renée Carlino: 3.5/5
- Angelfall (Penryn and the End of Days #1) – Susan Ee: 4/5
- World After (Penryn and the End of Days #2) – Susan Ee: 5/5
- End of Days (Penryn and the End of Days #3) – Susan Ee: 5/5
- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before – Jenny Han: 4/5
- P.S. I Still Love You – Jenny Han: 5/5
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (Harry Potter #1) – J.K Rowling: 5/5
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter #2) – J.K Rowling: 5/5
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter #3) – J.K Rowling: 5/5
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4) – J.K Rowling: 5/5
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix (Harry Potter #5) – J.K Rowling: 5/5
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter #6) – J.K Rowling: 5/5
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7) – J.K Rowling: 5/5
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson – John Green & David Levithan: 4/5
- Anna and the French Kiss – Stephanie Perkins: 5/5
- Lola and the Boy Next Door – Stephanie Perkins: 4/5
- Isla and the Happily Ever After – Stephanie Perkins: 4/5
- Under the Never Sky – Veronica Rossi: 4/5
- Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) – Veronica Rossi: 4.5/5
- Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky #3) – Veronica Rossi: 4.5/5
- The Lover’s Dictionary – David Levithan: 3.5/5
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe – Benjamin Alire Sáenz: 3.5/5
- Finding Cinderella (Hopeless Novella) – Colleen Hoover: 5/5
- Forbidden – Tabitha Suzuma: 4.5/5
- November 9 – Colleen Hoover: 5/5
- Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte: 2/5
A lot. LIKE A LOT. Like 80 books…. I’m not even going to try and name them all because that would be boring and we’d be here all day.
- NOVEMBER 9!!!!!!!!!!! by Colleen Hoover (favourite of the year)
- UGLY LOVE by Colleen Hoover (close second)
- Harry Potter by J.K Rowling
- Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- Hopeless + Losing Hope + Finding Cinderella by Colleen Hoover
- + more but these are like my top favourites and if you want to know more of my favourites and reasons for them being my favourites, check out my top ten reads of 2015!
New Favourite Author/s:
- Colleen Hoover – it only took 4 books for this lady to become one of my favourite authors, and like, she jumped right up the top with Cassandra Clare. Her books are so amazing I’ve literally loved every single one that I’ve read.
- J.K Rowling – well, duh?
New Fictional Baes:
Godddddddd my list of fictional boyfriends gets longer and longer with each new book I read I swear. Here are some of my favourites from this year:
- Etienne St. Clair ❤ (Anna and the French Kiss)
- Noah Shaw ❤ (The Mara Dyer Trilogy)
- Daemon Black (The Lux Series)
- Miles Archer (Ugly Love)
- Prince Maxon (The Selection Series)
- Adrian Ivashkov (technically not new but… He’s from The Vampire Academy and Bloodlines Series’)
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz: If you follow my Instagram then you would have seen my post about this book, and how disappointed I was that I didn’t enjoy it as much as everyone else seemed to enjoy it. It was a nice story and the writing was beautiful, but it just didn’t do anything for me.
New Years Resolutions/Goals for 2016:
- To not buy so many books (I really will try okay???), and to read freely. I don’t want to put pressure on myself to read like I did this year, which is why I’m not setting a reading goal for 2016. I have a few books that I really want to read, but apart from that, I’m not going to be trying to read so many.
- I also want to focus more on my writing, rather than reading. I spent a lot of my free time reading in 2015, which was great and I’m not saying I regret all the books I read, but I wish I spent a little more time on my writing. I want to try and finish editing The Timekeeper, and attempt to send it off to a publishing company. And I also want to continue working on my fantasy series, although I’ll be studying my second year of university so I’m not sure how I’m going to juggle writing, reading and uni work, but we will see.
Most Anticipated Release 2016:
- Lady Midnight (Book One in The Dark Artifices Trilogy) By Cassandra Clare. I AM SO GODDAMN EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK I CAN’T DEAL IT’S GOING TO BE SO AMAZING I CAN JUST TELL AAAAJKFSDGFDHGO
So there you go! 2015 is practically over now and I’m a little sad. But at least I read and some pretty great books! I hope 2016 will be filled with wonderful reads and fabulous adventures, for myself and you all. Have a great New Years and I will see you all in 2016!!!!