I haven’t done a wrap-up post since last November. NOVEMBER!!!!! I was unsure if I really liked posting them and honestly just forgot to post them, but I figured I would do one for June and we will see if I continue with it each month!
We are now officially in the second half of 2016. How crazy is that? I feel like I haven’t accomplished anything this year so far, so I really need to pick up my game for the rest of the year!
June was a really good month for me. I finished all of my university assignments at the beginning of the month, which meant I was finally free (at least, until semester two starts at the end of July)! I got to relax, meet some wonderful people, and had the most amazing few days with my lovely friends Taryn and Emily <3, exploring the city and taking ugly Snapchats and just enjoying each other’s company. I also hit 10,000 followers on my Instagram, which was so insane and I am still struggling to come to terms with it…
Favourite Songs of June:
I have been listening to a few songs non-stop for majority of the month, and will no doubt be listening to them throughout July as well.
My current favourites are definitely:
- Heathens – Twenty One Pilots
- Beside Me – Levianth X Denis Elezi
- Free – Broods
- Oasis – Kygo
- Final Song – MØ
Books Read in June:
I had a pretty good reading month, not the best but I am still happy with the number of books I managed to read.
(click titles for spoiler-free reviews [not all books have been reviewed])
- The Raven King – 3.5/5 stars
- The Sea of Tranquility – 4.5/5 stars
- Saga vol. 4 and 5 – 4/5 stars
- Me Before You – 4/5 stars (review coming soon)
- Nevernight – 5/5 stars
- A Court of Thorns and Roses – 4/5 stars (possible review coming soon)
Book Haul for June:
I was supposed to be on a book-buying ban this month, and I was going well until there were sales everywhere and went book shopping with friends…. I’m only going to share the books I bought because I also received a few books from publishers and authors and that would make this list way too long…
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- Raelia – Lynette Noni (signed)
- Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief – Rick Riordan (early birthday gift)
- A Million Miles Away – Lara Avery
- More Than This – Patrick Ness
- Kindred Spirits – Rainbow Rowell
- Shadow and Bone – Leigh Bardugo
- Siege and Storm – Leigh Bardugo
- Ruin and Rising – Leigh Bardugo
- Flamecaster – Cinda Williams Chima
July is going to be a pretty busy month for me, with my 21st birthday and many other birthdays and events scattered through, as well as university starting up again. I’m still hoping to read a fair few books, and get a lot of editing done, but we will see how everything turns out…
How many books did you read/buy? What were some of your favourite songs to listen to in June?
Until next time,